Chesapeake Class Action
- If you own royalties in Oklahoma natural gas wells overseen by Chesapeake, you may be entitled to financial compensation through a class action settlement
- According to the suit Fitzgerald Farms vs. Chesapeake, Chesapeake calculated and distributed incorrect royalties between 2004 and 2014
- The class action is still in litigation as of October 2019, and the terms of the settlement haven’t yet been finalized
Per the class action settlement, Chesapeake knowingly calculated and paid out incorrect royalties based on natural gas production. This has not only resulted in fewer profits for stakeholders, but it comes with significant legal and tax ramifications due to Chesapeake’s actions.
- This class action only applies to natural gas wells located in Oklahoma that are or were operated by Chesapeake
- Chesapeake denies any deliberate or accidental wrongdoing regarding royalty payments
- Compensation varies greatly due to several factors, including the number of wells class action members had a stake in, as well as production levels of each natural gas well
If you participate in the settlement and elect to receive compensation as part of the class action, you forfeit your right to bring your own suit against Chesapeake in relation to these issues. If you’re not sure what to do, or if you have additional questions, consult a lawyer to explore your options.
Learn More about the Class Action Settlement
- review all materials and resources
- If you have additional questions, click “Contact Us”
- Depending on your needs, either use the email form at the bottom of the page, call the claims administrator at 1-844-823-7933, mail them at Fitzgerald Farms v. Chesapeake Settlement Administrator, c/o Class Action Administration, Inc, PO Box 6878, Broomfield, CO 80021
Incorrect royalty disbursements have the potential to leave a massive negative financial impact, which is why the class action lawsuit was initiated. For information on filing as part of the claim, or simply to ask questions, contact the claims administrator immediately.