- Obtain more information about the class action lawsuit against the J.C. Penney Corporation
- The lawsuit is entitled Cynthia E. Spann v. J.C. Penney Corporation, Inc.
- The case is in the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Central District of California
The JCPenney Settlement will be heard by U.S. District Judge Fernando Olguin. Class members who file valid claims will be represented by attorneys Matthew J. Zevin and Derek J. Emge at no charge (please note the
JCPenney Settlement Comments
- A fairness hearing will take place on 8/25/16 at 10:00 a.m (class members are NOT required to attend)
- JCPenney has agreed to a 50
- Attorney fees, first pay notice, and administrative costs will not exceed $2,667,000 (the remaining cash will be distributed to JC Penney settlement class members)
- Class members can pick between a JC Penney store credit or a cash payment (if the class members picks the JCPenney store credit it will equal the value of the cash payment)
Class members in the JCPenney Settlement case are defined as anyone who between October 5, 2010 and October 31, 2012, or between October 1, 2013, and October 31, 2014 purchased from JCPenney one or more private or exclusive branded items of apparel or accessories advertised at a discount of at least 30% off the stated “original” or “regular” price. In order to qualify for a settlement the class member must file a claim before 6/31/16. Cynthia E. Spann v. J.C. Penney Corporation, Inc. claim forms are available online or class members can dial 855-731-7497 to have one sent via US mail.