LG Washer Settlement
- US residents who purchased certain LG front loading washer models (for home use only, not commercial) between the dates of October 1, 2002 and October 31, 2006, may be eligible to receive compensation thanks to a class action settlement
- To file an eligible claim, customers must have been the original purchaser of the LG washer
- People who bought used washers aren’t eligible for this class action lawsuit against LG
Customers must fill out an eligible claim form online to receive payment from LG’s class action mold lawsuit. By entering into this class action suit, customers do waive their right to sue LG an an individual related to this matter. This lawsuit alleges that certain LG washer models had a defect that caused mold problems and odors more than normal (LG denies these claims but has agreed to settle out of court)
LG Washer Settlement Comments
- Some customers will receive a notification in the mail with a “prequalified” claim number or confirmation code
- Customers who receive this notice will not need to enter their personal information, but will still need to make a valid claim
- Any questions about the LG Washer Settlement lawsuit can be directed to 855-856-9355
- By mail: LG USA Front-Loading Washing Machine Settlement ICA, 1801 Market Street, Suite 660, Philadelphia, PA 19103
The deadline to submit a claim in the class action lawsuit against LG over washer mold problems is October 10, 2019. Class members who do not wish to participate in this lawsuit (the only reason to do this is if they wanted to sue on their own) will need to exclude themselves by October 8, 2019.
How much will participants receive in the LG washer class action lawsuit?
Customers who were affected by an LG washer mold problem and who file an eligible claim will receive a $35 cash payment (via a mailed check) of a $105 “Washer Rebate Certificate” that will provide compensation when the customer purchases a new washer.